Rules For Companies
- Appoint a company secretary within six months of incorporation. If the company only has one director, he/she cannot be the company secretary.
- Your registered office must be open and accessible to the public for not less than three hours between 9am and 5pm on weekdays.
- Print your company registration number on all letterheads, invoices, statements of accounts, official notices and publications. Instructions on where and when to print the registration number can be found in ACRA's practice direction.
- Notify ACRA within the prescribed time if there is a change of company particulars, such as a change of address, business activity or directors using BizFile. View a list of common changes or print a self-help brochure.
- The first Annual General Meeting (AGM) of your company must be held within 18 months of the date of incorporation.
- You must appoint an auditor within three months of the date of incorporation. Your annual accounts must be audited and filed with ACRA within one month of the AGM. Get a list of what and when to file on ACRA's website.
- Companies with less than 20 individual shareholders (Exempt Private Companies) do not need to appoint an auditor, audit their accounts or file them with ACRA if their revenue is less than S$5 million for the financial year.
Post a Comment