Classes of driving licence that may be converted
Foreign licence conversion is only granted for class 2B and class 3 qualified driving licences. Learner driving licence may not be converted.
Those who wish to obtain a class 4 and/or class 5 licence need to go through training and a prescribed practical test before they can obtain the Singapore class 4 or 5 licence. No direct conversion is granted for these heavy vehicle licences.
Conversion for a higher capacity or open category motorcycle licence is normally not granted unless there are documentary proof of training, testing, ownership of bigger motorcycle and insurance policy indicating that you have gone through proper training and testing regime and have had at least one year riding experience on the road.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
In order to convert your foreign licence to a Singapore driving licence, you are required to pass the Basic Theory Test (BTT), overseas theory test results are not admissible for consideration.
You may book for a BTT in person at any of the 3 driving schools. On passing the BTT you may then proceed to apply for conversion at the Traffic Police Driving Test Centre counters in person, with the relevant documents. The 3 Traffic Police Driving Test Centres are co-located with the 3 driving schools. Their addresses are:
- Ang Mo Kio Driving Test Centre, level 3, co-located with the Singapore Safety Driving Centre (http://www.ssdcl.com.sg/ ) at 2, Woodlands Industrial Park E4 Singapore 757387.
- Bukit Batok Driving Test Centre, level 2, co-located with the Bukit Batok Driving Centre (http://www.bbdc.sg ) at 815 Bukit Batok West Ave 5 Singapore 659085.
- Kampong Ubi Test Centre, level 2, co-located with ComfortDelgro Driving Centre (http://www.cdc.com.sg/users/homepage/index.asp ) at 205, Ubi Ave 4 Singapore 408805.
Please bring along the following documents where applicable, when applying for conversion of licence:
- Original and a photocopy of your passport and NRIC/Entry Permit/Employment Pass/Dependant Pass/Social Visit Pass/Work Permit
- Original and a photocopy of your valid Qualified Foreign Driving Licence
- Processing fee of $50 (Cashcard and NETS payment Only)
- One matt finish passport-size colour photograph with white background, eyes looking straight and both ears and eyebrow visible in the photograph. There should be no headgear worn unless normally worn for religious purpose, and glasses worn should not be tinted.
- For Malaysian licence holders, an extract from JPJ Malaysia showing information of your driving record and licence information (obtained not more than 6 months before date of conversion)
- For Singaporeans and PR studying overseas for one year or more, please produce proof of stay in the country, e.g. educational transcripts or Letter of Acceptance by the educational institution and the relevant student visa in the passport.
- For Singaporeans and PR employed overseas for one year or more, please produce Income Tax Returns or supporting documents from employers and the relevant employment visa in the passport.
Driving licence not in English language
For a foreign driving licence that is not in English language, you are required to have an International Driving Permit in addition to the foreign driving licence. If an International Driving Permit is not available, an official translation of your driving licence in English is required. You may obtain translation from the relevant Embassy, High Commission, the Singapore Subordinate Court or the Singapore High Court. Translation is not required for licence issued by Brunei, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Thanks for sharing the best information and suggestions, I love your content, and they are very nice and very useful to us. If you are looking for the best Diving School Mission, then visit Maple Driving School. I appreciate the work you have put into this.
Thanks for such a pleasant post. This post loaded with lots of useful information. Keep it up. If you are looking for the best information and suggestions related to Bali driving license assistance then visit bali4ride.
Your blog is awfully appealing. I am contented with your post. I regularly read your blog and its very helpful. If you are looking for the best Driving School In London Ontario, then visit Western Driving Academy - (WDA). Thanks! I enjoyed this blog post.
Thanks for shared that blog with us. If anyone here searching Santorini Private Transfers then visit Santorini Tours 24.
A very delightful article that you have shared here.fastest online traffic school California Your blog is a valuable and engaging article for us, and also I will share it with my companions who need this info. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.
A very delightful article that you have shared here.Practical Driving Test Cancellation Checker Dsa Your blog is a valuable and engaging article for us, and also I will share it with my companions who need this info. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.
Post a Comment